Thursday 6 February 2014

Snack time!

Personally, I've always been a fan of carrots and peanut butter - though most people find that gross. After I cut peanut butter out of my diet (peanuts can often be contaminated with a very dangerous carcinogen called aflatoxin), I turned to all other nut butters. My two favorites are almond and cashew.

In the picture shown is my on-the-go bowl of apple and carrots, plus a side container of cashew butter to dip them in. I eat some variation of this almost everyday. It fills me up and is the perfect snack.

This snack is ideal for people who have a hard time eating fruits and veggies on their own. Dips (unless homemade and sugar-free) are essentially chemical waste (that may be a tad dramatic).

I dare you to try this! It's so good if I didn't get full I could eat the whole bag of carrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment